Pizza Recipe : Cheese Calzone
|Pizza : Cheese Calzone - Info
||12'' Pizza (2-4)
- NY Style Pizza Dough
- 1 lb. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
Step by Step Procedure
- Preheat oven to 500F.
- Take a 6 oz. dough ball and place on floured surface. Spread,
with finger tips, to a 6 inch circle.
- Place 2/3 cup cheese
mix on one side and fold over other side. Seal with finger
tips making sure no cheese mixture is in the seal. Pinch
the edge to assure a tight seal.
- Pat calzone to even filling
- Check seal again for leaks. Repeat with the others.
- Place calzones on a lightly greased baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Cut a
1 inch slit in the top of each for venting while baking.
- Place in center of oven and bake for 10−12 minutes or until
- Serve with your favorite tomato sauce, warmed,
either on top or on the side for dipping.
Go back to the Pizza topping page.