Pizza Recipe : Roasted Garlic and Peppers Pizza
|Pizza : Roasted Garlic and Peppers - Info
||12'' Pizza (2-4)
- 1 large head garlic, unpeeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut in 1/2−inch−thick rings
- 1/3 cup oil−packed sun−dried tomatoes, drained, oil reserved
- 1 − 12 inch pizza dough shell (uncooked)
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers from jar, cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 2/3 cup (about 2 1/2 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Step by Step Procedure
- Preheat oven to 375 deg. F.
- Slice top off garlic head; place in small
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Brush baking sheet with
1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Place onion slices on sheet and brush onion
with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake garlic and onion until garlic cloves
are light brown and soft and onion is tender, about 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven; let cool.
- Using fingers, squeeze out roasted garlic cloves into food processor;
add sun−dried tomatoes.
- Using on/off turns, process until almost
smooth, adding enough reserved oil form sun−dried tomatoes to form
paste. (Onions and garlic mixture can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover
separately and refrigerate.)
- Prepare pizza dough of choice and have it ready to be topped.
- Spread garlic paste evenly over crust.
- Top with mozzarella cheese,
onion, pepper strips and feta cheese.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons basil
and 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Bake pizza until crust is golden brown and cheese bubbles.
- Transfer to
cutting board. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons
basil and 1 tablespoon parsley.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
Go back to the Pizza topping page.