Pizza Recipe : BBQ Chicken Pizza
|Pizza : BBQ Chicken Pizza - Info
||12'' Pizza (2-4)
BBQ Chicken Pieces
- 10 oz. boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. favorite BBQ sauce
For the Pizza:
- 1 recipe Thin Crust Dough
- Cornmeal, semolina, or flour for handling
- 1/2 cup favorite BBQ sauce (a spicy−sweet sauce works best)
- 2 Tbs. shredded smoked Gouda cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 small red onion, sliced into 1/8−inch pieces
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh chopped fresh cilantro
Step by Step Procedure
To make BBQ Chicken:
- In a large frying pan, cook the chicken in olive oil over
medium−high heat until just cooked, 5-6 minutes. Do not overcook.
- Set aside in the refrigerator until chilled through.
- Once chilled, coat
the chicken with BBQ sauce; set aside in the refrigerator.
To make pizza:
- Place the pizza stone in the center of the oven and preheat to 500
degrees F. for one hour before cooking pizzas.
- Use a large spoon to spread BBQ sauce evenly over the surface of
the prepared dough within the rim.
- Sprinkle smoked gouda cheese
over the sauce.
- Cover with 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella.
- Distribute the chicken pieces evenly over the cheese.
- Place the pieces of red onion over the
- Sprinkle an additional 1/4 cup mozzarella over the top of the pizza.
- Transfer the pizza to the oven; bake until the crust is crisp and golden
and the cheese at the center is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the pizza
is cooked, carefully remove it from the oven; sprinkle 1 Tbs. cilantro
over the hot surface.
- Slice and serve.
Go back to the Pizza topping page.