Pizza Recipe : Zucchini Dough
Zucchini dough differs from the traditional Italian pizza: its ingredients include eggs and the crust is made then baked and then the toppings are added. Zucchini dough contains less calories and has an entirely different flavor compared to the traditional flour pizza base.
|Pizza : Zucchini Dough - Info
||12'' Pizza (2-4)
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely grated Zucchini.
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup Parmesan cheese; grated
- 2 tbls. chopped Fresh basil.
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step by Step Procedure
- Place zucchini in a colander and lightly salt it.
- After fifteen minutes roll it in a towel to squeeze out any excess water.
- Combine in a bowl with all the other ingredients of the zucchini pizza dough .
- Spread onto a greased pizza pan.
- Bake in
a 350F oven until top is dry and lightly browned. This takes about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, add desired sauce, cheese, and toppings.
- Return to oven and bake at 350F until done. This takes about another 20 minutes.
If the zucchini dough is too soggy, even with the draining through the towel, add more flour and parm cheese.
Go back to the Pizza dough page.