Pizza Recipe : Thin Crust Dough
|Pizza : Thin Crust Dough - Info
||12'' Pizza (2-4)
Thin Crust Dough is probably
the most widely known type of pizza dough and is usually used for traditional pizzas throughout
Europe and in the United States.
Thin crust pizza bases are perfect for pizza lovers who prefer
to taste more of the sauce, cheese and other toppings and don't want
to be filled up too quickly. It's usual to make thin pizzas larger
than thick based pizzas.
- 1 envelope of dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- 3/4 cup of lukewarm water
- 1 3/4 cups of unbleached plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
Step by Step Procedure
- Combine 1 envelope of dry yeast, 1/4 teaspoon of sugar and 3/4 cups
of lukewarm water. Mix a little and let sit for 6-8 minutes.
- Combine 1 3/4 cups of unbleached plain flour with 1/2 teaspoon of
salt in a bowl or food processor.
- Pour the water combination into the bowl (or food processor) and
mix until ready to knead (around 30 second in a food processor). If
using a bowl, mix with a spoon until you have a neat ball.
- Prepare a lightly spinkled surface with flour. Turn out dough and
knead for around 2-3 minutes. Lightly cover your finger tips with
flour if the mixture is a little sticky.
- Roll out by hand for a 12'' base.
- Place in 12'' lighly oiled oven pan. Press out dough to form a slight
- Prepare and apply your sauce and topping
- Cook in a pre-heated over (500F) for 8-12 minutes (times may vary
based on different ovens. Fan assited oven will be quicker!).
- Remove from oven, slice and share with your favourite friends and/or
family members :)
- As stated above, fan assisted ovens tend to cook pizza's quicker
than traditional ovens.
- You can usually reheat your pizza in around 5 minutes. But beware
that it's not advisable to reheat pizzas with a meat topping.
Go back to the Pizza dough page.